Eat a Palette of Color Everyday for a Healthier You.
- (Four) microwave safe bowls or pint-sized (glass) mason jars
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal 100% whole grain oats (do not use quick cooking oats)
- 4 cups Unsweetened Original FlavoredAlmond Milk or any choice of soy or nut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 whole bananas sliced
- 12 whole strawberries fresh or frozen (sliced)
- 4 whole kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds or any favorite nut (optional)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds optional-(overnight oats only)
- Add 1/2 cup of oatmeal into each bowl or jar
- Add one cup of Unsweetened Original Almond Milk into each bowl/jar
- Add 1/4 tsp salt into each of the bowl/jar
- Add 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract to each bowl/jar
- Stir well and place in microwave
Microwave on High for 1-2 minutes
- Remove bowl or jar from microwave and let set for 1 minute until liquid has been absorded.
- Wash and cut fruit and arrange on top of oatmeal
- Optional – sprinkle with toasted almonds
Overnight Oats (version) You can prepare each pint-sized (glass) mason jar with 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional) 1 cup almond milk, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir well. Place screw top on each jar and refrigerate overnight for at least 6 hours. Wash and cut fruit and place in refrigerator in a separate bowl. When ready to eat. Place uncovered jar in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, remove and stir well, then let sit for 1 minute. Place fruit on top and sprinkle with nuts and serve. This makes a quick, healthy grab and go meal. Enjoy!